Thursday, March 6, 2008

You Only Get One Choice On This, Just One Please!

The question was asked first on LinkedIn where other answers can be found. My answer was:

“Dear Scott,


If I must pick ONE celebrity to model myself after, who it it would be and why, I would say the late Pope John Paul II.

He is clearly more than a celebrity, but he was a celebrity as well. The quality in him that attracts me is his courage. I wear a wrist ban that tells his most important advice: "Be not afraid! " Those were his first words to the world when he was elected pope. They've stayed with me ever since and helped me get through many a fearsome time.

The part of that found in my own demeanor is my fearlessness. It is in part a physical resemblance, the way I interact with powerful people. It allows me to give them my independent advice with a measure of confidence that does not come from me alone.

In the book Keys of This Blood: Pope John Paul II Versus Russia and the West for Control of the New World Order" by Malachi Martin, I learned more about what attracted me to this extraordinary man.

This link goes to Amazon's listing of books by him and about him.

Thanks for the question."

What do you think?


Please include your comment here or contact me to discuss.

Thanks.

John Darrouzet

No comments: