Saturday, March 1, 2008

According to you, what is Success? Whom do you consider as a successful Person? Are you Successful?

The question was asked first on LinkedIn where other answers can be found. My answer was:

“What level of success are you aiming for? You've probably heard this line before: If you don't know where you're going, you're already there. Same thing for "success." If you haven't set up an operational definition of success, you might think you've already achieved it, especially if you're making money. This is clearly the traditional approach.


I've found seven levels of “success” that are not all pegged to a money formula:

• Unsuccessful

• Early Operating Success

• Substantial Operating Success

• Clear and Convincing Operating Success

• Significant Operating Success

• Exemplary Operating Success

I’ll be happy to clarify my definitions. Just let me know what level of success you are interested in.

Also, please consider the discussion had by LinkedIn members concerning the differences between success and happiness.”

What do you think?

Please include your comment here or contact me to discuss.

Thanks.

John Darrouzet

No comments: