Saturday, March 1, 2008

How does one find happiness in the workplace?

The question was asked first on LinkedIn where other answers can be found. My answer was:

“I find happiness is the result of a decision, something significant different than a choice. Happiness comes each day at work and play like small sips of coffee as I make my way to decision’s end where I relax and smile again about:


* Where I come from

* Where I want to go

* What I am waiting for

* What my wise ones advise

* What pros and cons I weigh

* What the “Powers That Be” insist upon

* What my own agenda reveals about me

* What facts and reasons I contend with

* What insights answer my prayers

* How I tell my story

* What losses I risk to gain what I still only hope for

* Why the decision I discern is the right one for me.

Success seems to exist for me on a horizontal plane, while happiness takes me vertical.”

What do you think?

Please include your comment here or contact me to discuss.

Thanks.

John Darrouzet

No comments: