Saturday, March 1, 2008

Have you ever had a prophetic dream or vision?

The question was asked first on LinkedIn where other answers can be found. My answer was:

“Yes. Many times.


Please allow me to answer generally about the nature or character of the dreams and visions without going into specifics. Thus, generally speaking, the prophetic dreams and visions I have are answers to my prayers concerning an issue that I am deciding.

Permit me to three sources on the subject that may take you beyond mere curiosity about what happens to useful consideration of them. First, take a look at Inner Work: Using Dreams and Active Imagination for Personal Growth by Robert A. Johnson. This "how to" book is very practical and worth more than once.

Second, the Wikipedia article on August Kekule, the scientist who linked his breakthrough discovery to his dream. Dreaming is thus highly practical.

Third and finally, please consider my personal favorite, Dreams: God's Forgotten Language by John A. Sanford. Sanford's book is by far the most encouraging because he places dreaming in the context of communication between us and the person we want to get to know better.”

What do you think?

Please include your comment here or contact me to discuss.

Thanks.

John Darrouzet

No comments: