Saturday, March 1, 2008

How should September 11th be memorialized?

The question was asked first on LinkedIn where other answers can be found. My answer was:

“While we all share the horrific images of the buildings falling and burning, what I remember most is the way the skies went suddenly empty, everyone putting flags on their cars and in their yards, and a sense of solidarity among Americans and those who love what we stand for throughout the world.


When the United States Congress men and woman found themselves on the Capitol steps and sang "America" spontaneously, with tears in their eyes, this most violent time had the opposite result from what was doubtless intended.

It brought out the home of the brave and the land of the free like no incident I can recall in my life time.

God bless America.

Thanks for your question, Ray.”

What do you think?

Please include your comment here or contact me to discuss.

Thanks.

John Darrouzet

No comments: